The Association provides an alternative platform for the coverage of the professional indemnity risks of intermediaries and MGAs operating in London and international insurance markets. As an alternative, mutual carrier of such risks the Association aims to:
- avoid the inherent conflict of interest of maintaining professional indemnity insurance in the same market in which Members trade;
- provide confidentiality in a sensitive area of Members’ businesses;
- achieve stability in the cost of Members’ professional indemnity cover;
- secure the continuing availability and continuity of cover to meet Members’ evolving requirements;
- through the appropriate management of Members’ professional indemnity risk to provide Members with greater control over an important aspect of their businesses;
- foster a relationship between Members and the Association based on a spirit of partnership and the principles of mutuality; and
- explore opportunities for growth of the Association by raising awareness in the wider insurance community of the benefits offered by the Association to Members.